Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Vampiranity: Nominations for Canonization

Canonization is the process of making someone a Saint. If Vampiranity is to be any kind of religion at all, it needs Saints. Rather than appoint them myself, in an authoritarian manner, I'm going to put it to a democratic, open vote. If you think someone should be canonized in the Church of Vampiranity, leave a short blurb in the comments of this post naming your nominee and giving a brief reason why they should be canonized.

People to be Canonized should adhere to the guidelines of Vampiranity, which I should probably declare, huh? Vampiranity is dedicated to compassion to living things, and the swift and horrible slaughter of the living undead (emphasis on this one). Anyone who follows these is fair game for Canonization.

I'll leave the nominations open until the end of March 2007. That's a long time, but I want to get as much input as I can. And, hey, Rome wasn't built in a day.

So, get nominating!

2 comments:

Dr. Science said...

I'll get the nominations rolling. I nominate Simon Belmont. I think he would be a great Saint for Vampiranity. He was ambitious, compassionate, and was responsible for the deaths of many, many, many living undead, including Dracula himself (even if only temporarily).

Miike said...

I nominate Van Helsing. If not for him, Dracula would still be roaming the planet, seducing innocent girls, and brutally sucking their blood while having uncontrollable animal sex with them. He greatly deserves to be a great Saint of Vampiranity.